Thursday, April 16

breathless









breath - so precious
rumbles in my chest
may plum petals soothe




I picked up a chest infection since leaving the hospital last week.
yet another hurdle to jump.
beginning to feel sorry for myself
well, just a little :-)

My hand is still unsteady and the water colours look messy.
Still. Things can only get better.

My cherry blossom petals are snowing down steadily now, thanks to a flock of greedy goldfinches :-)
Couldn't hold the camera still yet.













Written for a prompt at CarpeDiem

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The watercolour is lovely. Would love to see a photo of your goldfinches when you're up to it. I saw a flock a couple of years ago on a neighbour's birch tree, rushed out to buy nigella seed, which they're supposed to love and never saw them back. What are they eating on your cherry tree? Insects?

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Your hand may be unsteady, and your breath may be rattling in your chest, but both your haiku and your watercolor are powerful expressions of hope.

Janice said...

Do hope you get better very soon! Enjoyed you haiku!

Greg said...

I'm new here, and to the CDHK challenges. I've read a few of your posts and usually I'm a "liked" not a "commenter" but sine I see no like button I feel compelled to comment.

My thoughts and prayers are with you as you recover from this event, or chapter, in your life. Just what you wrote here inspired me today; thank you.

Blog It Or Lose It said...

Shaky or not, it's still beautiful :)
Get well soon --

Chèvrefeuille said...

Wonderfully written Girl Friday.